Back home with all of the embroidery done it was time to stuff them and sew! I pinned the fronts to the backs to secure each part together and then with the machine went around most of the egg shape with a coordinating thread (NOT the red that is in the picture for some reason... perhaps that was what was on the machine before I started with the yellows!).
Leaving a small centimetre gap somewhere along the egg shape would allow me to pause on the sewing, and stuff the chicks before going back to the machine and finishing it off.
The stuffing part is my favourite element of the 'pocket sneakers' I've made over the past year or so. Giving them a chubby look and a soft padded feel, it was just what I envisioned for these little chicks.