A new year a new blog! I'm no artist...no designer...I'm just a girl who loves to craft, lives to bake and is learning to sew, all while musicking! So with a little of this, a little of that here's my new blog to share all of my interests and ideas. Please read, Pin, enjoy & get in touch!
I'm a little late to posting this week's blog post this week ... but I'm MORE than surprised that I have never blogged these cornbread muffins before. They made an appearance on my old original Tumblr site a long time ago (but well, that was a flop and definitely didn't get to 102 posts like this blog has!!) and we've made them countless times. Which is why I'm surprised they never made it to Sew Lah Tea Dough... But oh well, that's something to post about this week right!?
We had friends over to our new house last week, eating a pulled pork lunch with coleslaw and cornbread and hanging out with our Irish friends, soon to leave Toronto to go to London. We're going to miss you!!
I love cornbread muffins and this recipe, taken from Food Network's Down Home with the Neely's has nothing wrong with it! We have used it over and over, so whilst I can claim no part in the origins to the recipe this time - I can assure you it has well and truly been tried and tested by us and we will continue to bake them, they are definitely our old faithful cornbread muffins!! Here's how you can bake them too...
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour)
1/2 granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 large eggs
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup honey
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a cupcake tray with liners.
2. In a large bowl, mix the cornmreal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, butter and honey.
4. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed.
5. Pour the batter evenly into each of the cupcake liners and bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown in colour and springy to the touch.
6. Serve the muffins warm - either fresh from the oven or after a quick few seconds in the microwave. A little spread of butter melting down the middle never hurt either!
So no fondant decorations for these muffins... Not sure how that would taste - so instead here, the theme was Canadian flags and British cupcake liners... Marking our friends departure from Canada and arrival in the UK! Have an amazing new adventure guys :-D